Recently, I wanted run Apache CXF jms_queue sample in tomcat and came across some problems setting up stuff so want to note the things that I had to do for it.
1. need to create the spring.xml and web.xml descriptor for deploying the jms_queue server inside Tomcat.
2. Need to add CXF and ActiveMQ jars to the container classpath. I haven't tried yet to bundle these inside the application war file that is next on my list.
3. Build the sample, create war file and deploy it to tomcat by copying it to webapp directory of the container.
4. start jms broker (I user ant task from the sample that starts embedded broker).
5. Start tomcat container. This will deploy the copied war and start the CXF jms_queue service.
6. run the client from the commandline against the service deployed into Tomcat.
Looks simple isn't it? But I had to spend 1 day figuring out how to make this work.
glitch 1: Service creation wasn't finding WSDL for my service. Reason: WSDL was bundled under WEB-INF/wsdl directory which is not on classpath so I have changed the build.xml to put it under WEB-INF/classes directory.
glitch 2: Wanted to enable logging by adding logging.properties file but wasn't able to find it on classpath. Reason: same as glitch 1 and solved when added it to WEB-INF/classes folder.
I am attaching tar file of my sample directory for future reference here.
EDIT: I couldn't find the way to upload the tar file so I am editing the post to remind me to post the changes in my next post. Not so good but can't help.
Here is how web.xml looks like:
And my spring.xml looks like this:
Finally here is the link to zip file that has the full example.