Today I stumbled upon Nexus repository manager while browsing and found a 1.0.0-beta-2 available for download. So with some excitement I went ahead and downloaded it and currently trying out.
Just now when I went back to check the link I realized that there is a new version nexus-1.0.0-beta-3. I will try patching my installation with it and will post the results.
One plus point, I can't resist mentioning here by initial looks is better UI based repository management which makes life much easier. Got the setup starting to work in no time and speed is also good.
I did stumbled upon the corruption of the pom file so doing clean build again to see if I can consistently get the same problem.